Re: Problem with dataset assignment

Hi Lars,

I can see that this option is confusing to some, but it's very useful to
others so please reconsider removing it - let me explain: in settings with
highly dynamic org units (i.e. new org units are being added on a regular
basis), assigning a data set or a program to one or more org unit groups is
much more efficient and less error-prone than assigning it to org units
directly. When based on groups, one doesn't need to assign the data set or
program to the new org units as the they are automatically included,
provided of course that the new org units are part of the appropriate
group(s).

Maybe an alternative would be to give the option to assign either directly
to org units, or to groups, but not both at the same time as is currently
the case?

Are others using the assignment by org unit group or are we (PSI) the only
ones?

Thanks,

bram