Server Periods not Syncing with the user Date settings

Dear Developers,

I have always known that this problem exists, but when it begins messing up
data analytics then we need to worry and look out for a permanent solution
to this problem.

What is happening is that for say monthly reporting, if an enduser sets his
date in the future, he can enter future data and when you do analytics that
data will be missed out  for a particular past month.

Shouldn't the system be restricting periods as picked from the central
server? but having suggested that we also worry about offline entry unless
we are able to sync periods together with Orgunits and Data sets?

Regards

--
Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
Phone:        +256 414 320076