Re: Problem with Population figures

Thanks lewis, we already know but from developer this capability require
improvement to be done per dataset and not data element. even other audit
trail require improvement

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:59 PM, John Lewis <johnlewis.hisp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Manya,
> In dataelement you can set the level of aggregation. So that it doesn't
> duplicate the population value.
> John
> On Dec 5, 2014 8:51 PM, "Ayub Manya" <ayubmanya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Population figures for the Kenyan DHIS are entered yearly and the data
>> entry level is sub-county, formerly district. Aggregation should therefore
>> be from sub-county- county-national. Currently some data entry has been
>> done at facility levels for purposes of catchment population. The DHIS is
>> therefore adding these figures to the data already entered at the sub
>> county level leading to a doubling of population data at  the sub-county
>> level and errors in population figures in the whole system.
>> Please assist in restricting the aggregation of the population dataset to
>> be at the sub-county level so that the figures entered at the facility
>> level should not be added in population calculations
>> --
>> Ayub Manya

[image: Samuel Cheburet]Mr.Samuel K. Cheburet  (Bsc.  HRIM,Dip. HRIT)
Division of Health Information System,
Afya House, Room LG 37
PO. Box 30016, 00100.
Ministry of Health Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya.
mobile + 254-721624338
Email: samuelcheburet@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: samuelcheburet

*Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There
is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions.
Nothing pains some people more than having to think.*

*Martin Luther King, Jr.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/martinluth133813.html>*

“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass…it’s about learning to
dance in the rain!”

-Vivian Greene