Removing data entered at aggregate level after categories are created

We have a situation where data was entered into data elements at a facility
level for a quarter... no disaggregations (categories/combos) existed in
the DHIS instance... totals were manually entered as single data element
values.

​Now we want to create simple disaggreations on the already existent data
elements -- 2 age groups and 2 genders. ​We know we need to re-enter data
at the new disaggregated levels. But *is there a way to delete ALL the
totaled data already entered through the front end?* Pivot tables will
double count the data depending on how the dimensions in the report are
defined. *Or do we need to go into the data entry screens and manually
delete each entry?*

TIA.

--

*Laura E. Lincks*