Re: server specification

Thanks very much great help was

Thanks

From: Jason Pickering [mailto:jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 4:44 PM
To: Nami Ghadri; ronald munjoma
Cc: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] server specification

Hi Nami,
Generally, we would probably advise you not to buy hardware, unless you have very specific reasons to do so. There are many providers who can provide such services  such as Linode, DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services among many others. To my knowledge. the vast majority of production DHIS2 instances are using some type of virtual hosting arrangement, but there are others who insist on purchasing hardware. However. it is not only the hardware which is the problem. You must have backup devices, UPS, air conditioning and of course, sufficient bandwidth to support an Internet facing server.  Basically, everything you would already expect to find in a data center. So, it is not only the server, and in the end, the total cost of ownership will be likely orders of magnitudes higher, than putting your DHIS2 instance with a cloud provider.

Best regards,
Jason