FW: Configuring SMS Gateway on DHIS2

Hi all,

We are experiencing some challenges in configuring our instance of the DHIS(version:2.19) to send text messages to users.

We have been in contact with a local WASP who provided us with configuration settings which we have applied for the SMS Service Configuration:

Gateway Type: SMPP

User Name: xxxxxx

Password: xxxxxx

Address: xxxxxxxxx

Port: 2775

The issue is when starting the SMS service it produces an error , but when you clicking on Reload Configuration it starts up and terminates the moment you navigate away from the SMS Service Configuration screen.

We have recorded a narrated video (5MB) further explaining the problem for clarification please use the link to download:

 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q8znay23l7i7n7/SMPP%20Gateway_Problem.mp4?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q8znay23l7i7n7/SMPP%20Gateway_Problem.mp4?dl=0

Should you not be able to view the video due to a codec compatibility please download VideoLan:  <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Can anyone assist with advice on why this would not work properly – not sure if it is a bug as we cannot test on SL Demo or if the error is on our side.

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel:      041-367 1027

Cell:     082 374 2209

E-mail:  <mailto:elmarie@xxxxxxxx> elmarie@xxxxxxxx

Skype:  elmarie.claasen52

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at  <http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer> http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer .   Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to  <mailto:disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> disclaimer@xxxxxxxx and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.