Problem with AttributeOptionCombo in Export File

Dear DHIS2 Users,

I recently upgraded two systems from 2.14 to 2.18. These two system
exchange data through XML import-export of data.

After the upgrade, I noted that data import stopped work. Infact, the
import will not throw any errors, but no data will be imported. On closer
examination, I noted the following:

- the 2.14 import file did not have the XML attribute called
attributeOptionCombo in the Datavalue tag. This attribute is now present in
the import/export file for DHIS2.18.

- the attributeOptionComboID column in the DataValue table now show a
different value for the same dataelementid compared to the same
dataelementid under 2.14.

- if I manually update the DataValue table and change the
attributeOptionComboID to the value that appeared under 2.14, the
dataelement will reflect values in the pivot table.

Please help. Where am I getting it wrong or is there something I missed
during the upgrade. All I did during the upgrade was replace the DHIS2
folder with the latest version and restarted tomcat.