Re: Problem reading data values with the web api

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.
I tried that too, by directly entering the query in the browser (Chrome). I
get in response an xml file that contains no value. I also tried with json.
With csv, I get on the browser this more explicit message:

HTTP Status 406 -
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message*

*description* *The resource identified by this request is only capable of
generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the
request "accept" headers ().*
------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/7.0.26

Is there something to check on the server ?

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can also replace .XML with .json for an alternative view.
> On May 15, 2015 6:19 AM, "Jason Pickering" <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam,
>> This is not an error really, but just your browser telling you that it
>> cannot render the XML which the API returns to it. You can use Google
>> Chrome or Firefox and you will be able to see the XML. There are also
>> browser plugins available which will render it more human readable form.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jason
>>

>> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 3:36 AM Adam Uhuru <adam.uhuru@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am trying to read data values using the web api, and followed the
>>> developer manual. I am getting this error message each time:
>>>
>>> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
>>> with it. The document tree is shown below.
>>>
>>> This error happens when even typing the request on the browser this way
>>> http://domain:port
>>> /api/dataValueSets.xml?dataSet=ID1&orgUnit=ID2&period=201401
>>>
>>> Do you know what could raise this error ?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your help.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adam