Re: How many records can be in DataValue table

The most important setting to take immediate use of the RAM is shared_buffers.

What OS are you running and what else is running on the machine?  Are
you also running 1 or 2 or 3 dhis2 instances?  How "busy" are these in
terms of number of users?  If the server is just a database server
then you can optimize it more aggressively for that but if you are
also running tomcat and possibly some other things then you need to
strike some balance.

Can you share your postgresql.conf file?  It might be you are not
getting the most out of your existing 12G.

Final thought - did you check how many of those datavalues are
actually zeroes?  Sometimes (eg when systems start storing 80% zeroes)
it is an indication you need to maybe think differently about whether
to actually store these or not.