Re: How to save data from read only filed?/ calculative filed

Yeah, that is a bit trickier, and it is not directly supported in DHIS2 at
the moment. What we have done in other logistics systems with DHIS2 is to
calculate (automatically) the closing balance from the previous month using
a script on the server, and import this into the next month as a data
element for the opening balance . That is a somewhat complex approach than
just making the opening balance a normal data element and having people
report it as part of the form. So, I guess it really depends on how you
actually get the opening balance. Script could be used to calculate it for
you, but there are many "gotchas" such as missing data, etc which need to
be taken into account.

Regards,
Jason