Re: Error in configuring tomcat in XXAMP

Bridget,

I often see this error on systems with skype running. If you have skype
open and running, try quitting out of it entirely before starting the
tomcat server. Skype defaults its services to a few commonly used ports for
webservers. If I recall correctly, skype will gracefully pick a different
port if tomcat/apache is using its preferred port.

Timothy Harding
RPCV Vanuatu
Skype: hardingt@xxxxxxxxx
+1 (541) 632-6623