Re: hibernate file

Joao it really depends how it is that you have setup your servlet
container(s) - ie its hard to think about hibernate.properties in isolation
to everything else.

What it will often come down to is whether you run a single instance or
many.  If you run a single instance you can depend on /opt/dhis2 but
otherwise its not a good idea (in fact was an old stupid idea of mine).

The "standard" way of setting env variables for tomcat seems to be, as
jason says, inside

$CATALINA_BASE/bin/setenv.sh
or
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/setenv.sh

which of course raises the next question of how or where you set
$CATALINA_BASE/HOME :-)

Because there are so many variations on this theme I try to encourage folk
to follow the process described in
https://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/implementer/html/ch20.html

The install.sh script in mentioned in that documentation (which somehow
doesn't appear) is available at https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-tools.