Quick bug identified for Metadata import between versions …

Hi there …

My first posting I believe …
I suppose it should go over into the Developers List as well… but here’s a
heads-up in case you try the following:

*Scenario*

   - We were taking metadata definitions for data elements (XML format)
   from and instance of DHIS2 on version 2.18 to an instance on 2.20
   - Imports were failing with Error 500: Internal Server Error

*Reason*

   - Version 2.18 exports have an attribute dataDimensionType, that when
   set to disaggregation, as in
   <dataDimensionType>disaggregation</dataDimensionType>, is not compatible
   with the XML import parser for version 2.20
   - Version 2.20 exports and only imports the value in ALL CAPS … as
   in <dataDimensionType>DISAGGREGATION</dataDimensionType>

I haven’t had time to dig down further to see if this case-sensitivity
issue is global, just for this attribute or valid for other versions (e.g.
2.21). Work-around obviously was to do a search/replace and capitalise the
value before import.

Cheers

David Hagan
Skype: david.j.hagan