Re: Using server administration software?

Hi David

I know at least one country has been using webmin to administer dhis2
systems.  It is less than ideal but they have survived to date.  I
believe webmin has provided them with the means to get up and running
under their own steam and there is something to be said for that.

In my view there isn't a simple shortcut to training and experience.
Having things to click on can be a good thing and I am certainly not
against them, but they only provide an illusion of compensation where
the underlying skills are lacking.  If the system is considered
important enough by the client, then either a serious plan must be
made to develop or acquire those skills or to outsource (perhaps on a
temporary basis).   Doing anything else is fairly irresponsible on a
number of levels.

Something like webmin could be part of that plan.  But not *the* plan.

(@Knut, a dhis2-tools webmin module is an interesting idea)

Bob