Re: Any experience of DHIS2 in Agriculture?

Hi Abyot,

I was involved in a project using event capture for forestry. I think it
went well, but there were some challenges, mostly related to custom
aggregation of certain data elements, which was solved through SQL scripts.

DHIS2 has also been used in food security, which is probably quite close to
agriculture, but again, the challenge there was how certain data elements
get aggregated. DHIS2 does not implement "last observed value" which was
needed in the case of food security (and other sectors).

In general, things worked well for data entry, but it could be a bit more
complex to get the analytics part right.

Regards,
Jason