Re: auto load longitude/latitude in DHIS2 data capture

But you could give users the option of recording event locations
automatically for a while for convenience, as Bram says. A user could then
switch this feature on or off.

We are not talking about continous tracking of movement, no location would
be recorded unless the users explicitly records an event.

Knut

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Terje Aksel Sanner <tasanner@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> In general it is not in our spirit to develop tools that easily lend
> themselves to task force surveillance.
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jason Pickering <
> jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Moreover, it has privacy implications, and obviously, people would need
>> to be informed they are being tracked. I don't like it and think it should
>> require the explicit action of the user.
>>
>> Having said all of that, we have also implemented the "Coordinate" data
>> value type, which is also meant to be able to allow recording of coordinate
>> data in aggregate data sets (possibly tracker as well) which might be a
>> distinct coordinate from the one of the event. I do not think it has been
>> implemented as a feature in any of the clients at the moment, but it has
>> been a requested feature to do this from some people.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jason
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Rangarirai Matavire <
>> matavirer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Seem I just waded into a storm. Notwithstanding, I stand unconvinced
>>> about the necessity of such a feature. I do not think the aim was ever to
>>> track healthworker locations. It was to track disease incidents. I do not
>>> think anyone can provide evidence that such a feature has improved health
>>> work. Knowing where someone is at a point in time is definitely distinct
>>> from ensuring a service is provided adequately. I think there are better