Re: Displaying images (resources) in the dashboard

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Lars Helge Øverland <lars@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Olav,
>
> yes this sounds sensible.
>

> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Olav Poppe <olav.poppe@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Let me chip in here:
>> - finding a way around the "Indicators cannot be specified as filter."
>> issue.

On the plan for 2.24:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/analytics-indicator-as-filter

>> Then a few things which I understand is difficult with the current chart
>> framework, but that would still be nice to have some day…:
>> - more flexibility in the "layout", e.g. two axis with different scale
>> (indicator vs raw data in same chart etc)
>>

> - combining chart types, e.g. line + bar

Yes sounds good. Please write a blueprint for each, and also please include
some more detail here, like how do you instruct the system on which data
elements/indicators/reporting rates belong to which axis/chart types.

Some mock-ups would be appreciated.

> - scatterplots, though only if there is more flexibility in the layout so
>> that you can have data on X and Y axis

Okay.

I my mind the limitation with scatterplots is that they are not very
scalable - basically you need to use it for events, and you need to map all
events on a single charts without aggregation.

Let me know if I am wrong.

regards,

Lars