adding a new event status

Hi everyone,

We are developing an application that needs to know if some events (captured via event capture) were validated by an authorized user or not. I've seen that events have an "status" field  which can have the values "ACTIVE, COMPLETED, VISITED, OVERDUE, SKIPPED" but I couldn't get much information about what meant each field from the documentation so I was wondering if its possible to create a "VALIDATED" status for the events and then make a put with the status changed. If this is not possible (not accepted via Update by the web api) or can bring future problems with newer versions, would it be possible to reuse one of the status already listed there? I've seen the ACTIVE and COMPLETED status but I've never seen the rest used.
Thanks for your timeEric

Follow ups