Re: Populating hibernate.properties with environment variables

Hello Lars,

Thank you very much. I am running DHIS 2.18 on Heroku with PostgreSQL.
Heroku provides database connection parameters via certain environment
variables. For now, I am hard-coding all these parameters into the
config/hibernate.properties file. So, whenever the database is reset
or re-provisioned, DHIS 2.18 needs to be redeployed with another
configuration. That's why I was looking to use environment variables
inside the file.

I found a similar configuration here at
http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/dbproperties-chapt.html#dpc_system_props
but I don't know whether it is applicable for DHIS2. It says that
${environment-variable} will work.

Regards,
Aatish Neupane