Re: Upgrading DHIS2 from 2.21 to 2.24

Important first step is make sure you make a snapshot of database and
keep a copy of the original war file (in case you need to revert back
to where you started).

You might also consider revamping your postgres by upgrading to
postgres 9.5 (apparently significant performance gains according to
Lars) and installing postgis according to instructions here
http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/implementer/html/ch08s03.html#d0e832
if you want to use new clustering capability.  But you can do this as
a separate step to the general upgrade.