From: Collins McAdoyo <collins.adoyo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Subject: Error when starting tomcat
To: Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Team,

Hi Team, my dhis instance was running well but since today it has
started giving me errors as follows. Kindly any suggestions on how to
fix this?

cxx@x:/tomcat-dhis/bin$ ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /tomcat-dhis
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat7
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /tomcat-dhis/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/
Using CLASSPATH:
/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/tomcat-
juli.jar
touch: cannot touch ‘/tomcat-dhis/logs/catalina.out’: Permission denied
/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/catalina.sh: 385:
/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/catalina.sh: cannot create /tomcat-
dhis/logs/catalina.out: Permission denied
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Collins McAdoyo (https://launchpad.net/~mcadoyo)

Knut Staring
Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo
Norway: +4791880522
Skype: knutstar
http://dhis2.org

Follow ups