Re: DHIS2: Manage data that does not change often

Hi Martin,

good question. There is no perfect solution at this point. I assume you
need these values for analytics. This means that the best solution is
likely:

1. Find and use the lowest common period type (frequency) for which data
will change (I assume Quarterly)

2. Store the RBF specific data in an external data source, e.g. using data
store
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/developer/html/webapi_data_store.html>,
where you can store the Quarter, data element (Consultation Price) and
value. You can write a front end app that provides a user-friendly
interface to this data.

3. Generate values for all org units. You can write code in your component
to keep this data in check, e.g. every time someone changes a value in your
RBF data source/app, then automatically generate/populate data values
accordingly in DHIS 2.

This is admittedly a bit painful, but its not too bad, and it gives you the
benefit that all analytics features of DHIS 2 will just work (indicators,
dashboards and so on).

best,

Lars