Re: [Dhis2-devs] Issue with /api/dataElements after deleting data element from database

You must clear the hibernate cache, if you delete a data element directly
from the database.

http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/user/html/dataAdmin_cacheStatistics.html

In general, its better to use the API for such operations.

Regards,
Jason