Re: DHIS2 Network Out

Dear Raminosoa,

I faced a similar problem sometime a year ago.
This problem is attributed to SQL queries that take long to finish.
Consider installing pgtop
You may need to increase your shared_buffers a bit and effective_cache_size
or connections parameters until you get the best optimal settings. You can
also allocate more memory (-Xmx7500m) to tomcat process if you have more.
Note that if you increase your postgres connections, pay attention to
memory settings you set as you can easily run out of memory too.

Alex

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely <
traminosoa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Halvdan,
>
> We have already restarted the server and it has solved temporarily the
> problem. We are going to try the command you mentioned and see what is
> happening. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tantely.
>
> Le 12 sept. 2016 5:55 PM, "Halvdan Hoem Grelland" <halvdan@xxxxxxxxx> a
> écrit :
>
>> You should probably look into what specific processes on the server are
>> hogging the CPU. Try using 'htop' from the console (or similar). The logs
>> you've provided unfortunately do not provide any useful information.
>>
>> Also, does a simple server reboot solve the issue? If so, does it
>> re-occur?
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely <
>> traminosoa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We are using DHIS2 2.19 and it was working really fine for several
>>> months.
>>> We have followed the HISP recommendations for the JVM parameters and the
>>> PostgreSQL memory tunning. We noticed few days ago a slow access to our
>>> DHIS2 server on Amazon from web version as well as from data capture.
>>> When
>>> checking the status, the server CPU is constantly running at 100%. We
>>> would
>>> like to have your advice on the possible sources of the errors. I note
>>> that
>>> Amazon has upgraded the Linux system to a newer version (2016.03). Does
>>> this change have impact on the installation of Tomact and postgreSQL? I
>>> am
>>> attaching the DHIS2 log file which is containing several errors.
>>>
>>> We are stuck, your help are welcome!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tantely.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *This message and its attachments are confidential and solely for the
>>> intended recipients. If received in error, please delete them and notify
>>> the sender via reply e-mail immediately.*

>> Halvdan Hoem Grelland
>> Software developer, DHIS 2
>> University of Oslo
>> http://www.dhis2.org <https://www.dhis2.org/>
>>

> *This message and its attachments are confidential and solely for the
> intended recipients. If received in error, please delete them and notify
> the sender via reply e-mail immediately.*

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET  | HISP Uganda
Kampala
Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161
Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems -
DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don't want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "