Re: Downloading war files from Jenkins (continuousintegration server) is not reliable - use https://www.dhis2.org/downloads

Thanks a lot Calle and Jason for this communication.

Timothy

-----Original Message-----
From: "Calle Hedberg" <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: ‎22/‎02/‎2017 13:21
To: "dhis2-devs" <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "DHIS 2 Users list" <dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Dhis2-users] Downloading war files from Jenkins (continuousintegration server) is not reliable - use https://www.dhis2.org/downloads

FYI to all users:

After some testing from my side and further investigation from Jason Pickering, we have concluded that users should preferably NOT use the continuous integration server (aka Jenkins) for downloading war files - in particular if you have a slow connection or if you are downloading several war files simultaneously.

The https://www.dhis2.org/downloads works fine, though - it servers war files as static files directly through nginx (and those files are also always the latest builds of whatever version(s) you need).

Best regards
Calle & Jason

Calle Hedberg
46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472
Cell: +27-82-853-5352
Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119
Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx