Re: Dashboard sharing access rights

Oh, apologies. I didn’t read the complete email and see you are already aware of the issue ☺

/T

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+troyel.nerbo=nrc.no@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trøyel Nerbø
Sent: torsdag 6. april 2017 14.21
To: Antonia - Pro <antonia@xxxxxxxxxxx>; dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; TIMIMI, Hazim Bakir <timimih@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Dashboard sharing access rights

This is a known bug. If you want to follow the development and get notified when there is a fix you can register and watch the bug issue here: https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-500

Best,
Trøyel

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+troyel.nerbo=nrc.no@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Antonia - Pro
Sent: torsdag 6. april 2017 14.06
To: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; TIMIMI, Hazim Bakir <timimih@xxxxxxx<mailto:timimih@xxxxxxx>>

yes, we have the same problem.

Dear DHIS2 friends,

I wonder if anyone else has come across the following  problem and, if so, how you solved it: All dashboards on our instance have their public access (with login) sharing setting as 'Can View'. However users are able to remove or resize objects in the dashboard which affects everybody else!

I have tried restricting public access to 'None' and only granting 'Can View' to a specific user group, and 'Can Edit and View' to a very small number, but I still find users in the group with 'Can View' permission are able to remove objects from the dashboards.

We are using v 2.25, but I can reproduce the problem in v2.26 on https://play.dhis2.org/demo/.

This bug was logged in Jira a while ago (https://jira.dhis2.org/projects/DHIS2/issues/DHIS2-500) and I also logged another request for a warning dialog to appear when users click on  the 'Remove' link (https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-1383).

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Hazim
…..
Hazim Timimi
Data Manager, Tuberculosis Monitoring and Evaluation, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Tel : +41 22 791 3468<tel:%2B41%2022%20791%203468>