Re: Backup Script Error

Dear All,
The issue had been solved. The instance user (dhis) didn't have
permission to the sub-folders in the backup directory; i change
permission and it is OK.

backup user (testuser) created is giving a link to the directory so
that he can have access to the directory which makes him to be OK.

I hope members will check their instances because it is important we
check our instances from time to time in case anything had broken.

On 7/3/17, gerald thomas <gerald17006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When i tried to run the dhis2-backup from instance user itself "dhis"
>
> i am getting this error:
>
> dhis2-backup
> /usr/bin/dhis2-backup: line 32:
> /var/lib/dhis2/dhis/backups//backup2017-07-03-daily/dhis.sql.gz.in_progress:
> Permission denied
> Mon Jul  3 09:26:59 UTC 2017 [!!ERROR!!] Failed to produce plain
> backup of database dhis
>

> On 7/3/17, gerald thomas <gerald17006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I noticed that whenever i enter "dhis2-backup" on the terminal it does
>> not ask me for the instance name.
>> Because i create a user whose responsibility is to run automated
>> backups but it is now since every time it executes the backup command,
>> the system response with an error shown below:
>>
>> testuser@dhis:~$ dhis2-backup dhis
>> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "testuser" failed:
>> FATAL:  database "testuser" does not exist
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gerald
>>

> --