Re: using report date in the program rule

Hi Nada,

Best wishes for 2018 !

Regarding your query I assume the problem you are facing with is how to
obtain the year from the event date. Considering the date format you can
get the string value of the year by obtaining the first 4 digits from the
left side of the value for the event date. So I suggest you use the
following function.

d2:left(V{event_date}, 4)

Hope this helps.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 9:35 PM, Nada Ghosn <esumohleb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> Best wishes for 2018.
>
> I am trying to do the following in an event-capture program:
> - capture the year of the event date (report date) and assign it to a
> program rule variable.
>
> I will be thankful if you can assist me.
> Sincerely
> NG
>
> --
> Nada Ghosn, MD
> Head, Epidemiology Surveillance Program (Esumoh)
> Ministry of Public Health
> Beirut, Museum square
> Lebanon
> Tel +961.1.614194 <+961%201%20614%20194>
> Fax +961.1.610920 <+961%201%20610%20920>
> Email esumohleb@xxxxxxxxx, esumoh@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Website www.moph.gov.lb

Dr. Pamod Amarakoon
MBBS (SL)
MSc (Biomedical Informatics), EMSc (Health Admin), PGCert (MedEd), CEH
Medical Officer in Health Informatics
Nutrition Coordination Division
Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine,
Sri Lanka

Confidentiality Notice: the information contained in this email and any
attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently
delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain,
copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, nor disclose
all or any part of the contents to any other person.