Re: How to track users activity in Dhis2

Hi Jean,

If you have the possibility, using Google Analytics is an option. There are
some security considerations you may need to take into account however.

At the moment however, this approach is a bit limited, as many apps do not
use Google Analytics due to this limitation
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-1436.

If you are able to create an SQL view through the data administration app,
you should be able to get some CSV data back which you could work up in
Excel.

Here is a simple SQL snippet which might help you get started.

SELECT username,eventtype,extract(month from timestamp) as month,count(*)
from datastatisticsevent where age(now(),timestamp) < '6 months'::interval
GROUP BY username,eventtype,extract(month from timestamp)

Note, that usernames can be exposed here, so you should be careful who has
access to this view.

The easiest way is to just use the "Usage analytics app" which will provide
you basically the same data, but not per user.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jason