Re: Possibility of creating non numerical UID prefixes in tracker capture

Hi Aimee,

What is the length of the UIDs? The dhis2 accepts UID length of 11 and can
accept any other types (letters and numbers) so long as the first one is a
letter.

If you want to avoid duplication of UID, the easiest way is by generating
them yourself using other tools or languages.
See the following example on UID generation.
https://github.com/jason-p-pickering/dhis2-data-munging/blob/master/bootstrap/bootstrap.Rmd

Thank you.
Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616
Bsc. Health Records Management and Informatics