Re: [Dhis2-devs] how about the performance for dhis2 tracker to manage large number of entity data?

I have a follow up question about tracker with large numbers of registrations – does anyone have guidelines on device memory (phone/tablet) for querying the server? If a user wanted to search hundreds of thousands of names or IDs before registering a TEI (to avoid duplication or update a registration), nothing would be downloaded to the device, right? So the main memory requirements would be what is needed to install the apps and store a few registrations locally until synced?
Gratefully,
Natalie

From: Dhis2-users <dhis2-users-bounces+ntibbel1=jhu.edu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Markus Bekken <markus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, March 19, 2018 at 5:58 AM
To: 林晓东 <lin_xd@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Frost <mike@xxxxxxxxx>, DHIS 2 developers <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] [Dhis2-devs] how about the performance for dhis2 tracker to manage large number of entity data?

Hi Lin!
There is a few tracker implementations in this size range. These numbers of tracked entity instances should not be a problem in itself, but requires a well-maintained database and application server.

Generally, newer versions of DHIS2 will perform stronger than older versions. In 2.30 and upcoming releases we are maintaining tracker performance as a top priority.

Best regards,
Markus