Program indicator expressions

Hi
Can anyone advise on whether program indicator expressions can use data elements with option sets? They do not appear in the list of data elements available, but it does not tell me my expression using the UID of one is invalid. However, it also does not give me a result. Example I am trying to use is:
d2:condition('#{qaDVwQUHD0j.g4bPEQ4a7WM} == 'LB' ',1,0)
to return a value of 1 if that condition is true, otherwise 0. Is that possible and I am just writing my expression wrongly? Even with a Boolean data element that does appear in the list of data elements, I could not get a result using == 1, == TRUE, == Yes.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks
Jane

Jane Greig, PhD