Re: Rules for coordinates?

Hi Natalie,

This is currently not supported, but sounds like an excellent feature. It
would be useful if you could file an issue on the issue tracking system (
jira.dhis2.org) and describe the use case in more detail.

Since DHIS2 now requires the use of PostGIS, I think there could be a
couple of work arounds.

1) You might consider to develop a custom JavaScript widget which would
perform this check for you.  (https://github.com/d3/d3-geo#geoContains)  on
the client.

2) A server side script could probably also check for this quite easily, to
at least identify if any points do not fall inside a given polygon using
the st_contains function of PostGIS.  (
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/222465/how-to-check-a-set-of-points-are-inside-a-polygon-or-not-in-postgis
)

Regards,