← Back to team overview

dhis2-users team mailing list archive

Issue with database locale change causing resource tables to fail


Hi all,

We have a particular issue with a Namibian instance (war 2.27) which was
initially installed with a South African locale on the server and data
captured using this time. After a few years it was now changed by the
Ministry to Namibian locale when they took over hosting of the instance on
their network infrastructure. There is a 1hr difference between the 2

We now find issues with generating resource tables and have narrowed it
down to failing on the _periodstructure table

When we restore the same database back on a server with SA locale
everything runs fine so can only conclude that it is the locale change
which  makes some periods invalid but we have done numerous data checks on
all relevant tables, but have found no apparent issues with any of the
periods or data.

Does anyone have experience with moving database locales or what the
problem could be?


*Elmarie Claasen*

[image: Hisp logo]

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel:      041-367 1027

Cell:     082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@xxxxxxxx

Skype:  elmarie.claasen52


*This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published

at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer 
Please read the 
disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other
action in 
terms of this electronic transmission.  If you cannot access the

disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@xxxxxxxx 
<mailto:disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> and a copy will be provided to you. By

replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by 
provisions of the disclaimer.*

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

Follow ups