Program rule doesn't apply if error displayed next to a data element

Hi,

I've been facing a strange behavior and I wanted to know if there was a
logic explanation to it.

I've set a program rule really simple (#{data_element} >10) associated with
an error message. The program rule applies on a program which uses custom
forms.

When I set the error message to be displayed next to the erroneous data
element, DHIS2 simply ignores the program rule and I can validate the form
whatever the answer I gave.

When I doesn't set it to be displayed somewhere in particular (e.g. leave
the fields blank), then the program rule is applied and an erroneous answer
blocks me from validating the form.

Is there any reason for DHIS2 to ignore the program rule in the first case?

Thanks in advance :)

Thomas
[image: BLUESQUARE NEW FINAL VECT-01.png]

Thomas Warichet

www.bluesquarehub.com

Follow ups