diodon-team team mailing list archive

Diodon on non-Ubuntu systems

Here is a screenshot of Diodon on a non-Ubuntu system, in this case,
openSUSE 11.3. I ran the same binary file that I compiled on my Ubuntu
system. it does indeed fallback to a normal GtkStatusIcon. In order for it
to work, we will need some extra shared libraries, as shown in the
screenshot. Of them all, only libjson-glib-1.0.so.0 was already packaged for
openSUSE. According to the folks in #ayatana, we could packaged these with
our source code, and use a compile-time option to detect of the system
already have these libs, or we could try to get these packaged for other
distributions we support.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/483315/1/diodon?h=2ba1d5

Once these libraries are in place, the application works flawlessly.

- Dariel