divmod-dev team mailing list archive

Re: PyFlakes maintenance

On Dec 31, 2012, at 2:13 AM, Florent <florent.xicluna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2012/12/30 Glyph <glyph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

>> I cloned the https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/pyflakes/main repository and added back the 3 changesets which were missing with their author names.
>
> Uh... hm.  Is that up to date with the divmod.org repository?  How are you doing merges between them?
>

> Here, I did a one-time import of the history from Launchpad to GitHub.
> It is not adapted for a long-time maintenance in both repositories.
> I was misled to think that the project was no more active in Launchpad, both because http://divmod.org is dead, and the project in launchpad was tagged "Legacy" with no more commit for a long time.
> Now I understand you intend to continue development with Launchpad as the main infrastructure.

Personally, I do not intend to continue development anywhere :).  At the moment I am involved in a minor administrative role only, and I do not have time to write code for pyflakes.  But perhaps you do!  This is why I want to add you to the team.

I am not saying that launchpad is necessarily the long-term solution for a place for Pyflakes to live; but there has been some development on pyflakes in launchpad (the timestamps in loggerhead are somewhat misleading) and in fact I just approved a branch to merge.  It would be best if your repository and the one on launchpad could be harmonized.

> This is fair, but I think that step 1 is to work with the current structure and step 2 is to improve the structure.  If nobody raises an objection I will add you to the divmod-dev group so you can do code reviews and help synchronize back and forth, since you clearly care about quality (automated testing etc) and have energy to invest in pyflakes.  What is your launchpad username?
> I am not sure what is the best option.

Well, that discussion can continue :).

> It would be nice to host the code under https://code.launchpad.net/pyflakes at least. For example, based on https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/pyflakes/main.

As I understand it (although I do not have time to check at the moment) that is an old VCS import of the divmod.org SVN repository and is missing many recent fixes.  The 0.5 release was done out of the lp:divmod.org repository.

> My launchpad profile is https://launchpad.net/~florent.x

You have been added to the team.  Use your powers wisely :).

-glyph