divmod-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~lvh/divmod.org/modernize-axiom-packaging into lp:divmod.org

Review: Needs Fixing

Thanks.

  1) The way setup.py and axiom/_version.py interact to convey version information seems more complex than necessary.  This is of particular interest since there is no test coverage of setup.py's idea of the project version, I think.  Since assembling strings is easier than parsing them, perhaps the version information should be available as a string literal in _version.py - whatever form is the absolute simplest for setup.py to get at - and it can be parsed into the Version object in _version.py (by unit tested code).

Oh, apparently that's my only comment.  Please address, verify the result is sufficiently successful on continuous integration, and then merge.

Thanks again!

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~lvh/divmod.org/modernize-axiom-packaging/+merge/180311
Your team Divmod-dev is subscribed to branch lp:divmod.org.