documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1284221] Re: Shouldn't it be "menu bar" rather than "top bar"?
This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-docs - 14.04.2
ubuntu-docs (14.04.2) trusty; urgency=low
- Confusing link removed.
- Prevent shell commands from showing up in translation template.
- Description changed (LP: #1246022).
* files-browse.page, backup-restore.page, backup-thinkabout.page:
- Minor fixes (LP: #1225840, LP: #1221461, LP: #1221463).
- Script for renaming exported PO files. Thanks Kevin Godby!
- A couple of adjustments to get the desired behavior.
- Description of new app menu option (LP: #1284221).
- Input source added to list of status menus.
- Notes about IM engine install and preferences button
(LP: #1282364). Thanks to John Kim for valuable input!
- News highlights between 12.04 and 14.04 (LP: #1271492).
* Updated ubuntu-help.pot.
* The latest translations exported from Launchpad.
[ John Kim ]
* Grammar fixes in power-lowpower.page (LP: #1189282).
[ Doug Smythies ]
* Typo fixes in three accounts-*.page pages.
- Script corrected and significantly improved.
- Give mascot file a generic name (LP: #1287978).
- Update content and back to JPG from PNG (LP: #1287978).
* Fix nonexistent link destinations (LP: #1270318, LP: #1231612).
* Fix "no way to navigate" yelp-check errors (LP: #1270314).
* Fix or reassign or delete invalid internal links in the compiled
html (LP: #931325).
- Change gnome help redirects for html to revision neutral stable.
* Screenshots updated (LP: #1249806).
* Outdated UI terms updated with correct ones on a bunch of pages.
* Incorrect sentence removed from nautilus-display.page.
[ Nigel Hall ]
* Spelling fix in unity-launcher-menu.page.
[ goneaway ]
* Grammar fix in unity-introduction.page.
[ Kevin Godby ]
* Spell-checked the *.page files and corrected detected errors.
* Tweaked the language on whats-new.page.
-- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx> Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:37:00 +0100
** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu.
Shouldn't it be "menu bar" rather than "top bar"?
Status in “ubuntu-docs” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “unity-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
The new "Application Menu" UI in "System Settings -> Appearance ->
Behavior" refers to the "top bar". I thought it was decided that the
name of the thing is "menu bar". The desktop guide currently uses
"menu bar" all over.
I suppose it ought to be changed to "menu bar" in u-c-c for
consistency reasons (even if I personally think that "top bar" would
have been more clear).
Adding the ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) task as a reminder of the need to
include something in the docs about the new feature.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Appearance#PC>: "The 'Appearance' panel's
'Behavior' [sic] tab should include 'Show the menus for a window:'
radio buttons, 'In the menu bar' and 'In the window’s title bar'."
To manage notifications about this bug go to: