documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1441210] Re: Roboto fonts make printer crash (fonts-android)
I've been able to test your fonts-android PPA with the HP-Laser Jet
P2055 sooner than I expected.
I was able to reproduce the issue using fonts-roboto 1:4.3-3ubuntu1.1
After installing the version from your ppa (fonts-roboto
1:4.3-3ubuntu1.2~ppa), it solved the problem and I was able to
successfully print a Roboto test page with the HP-Laser Jet P2055.
I've join two pdf documents to this bug report. One produced with the
fonts-roboto 1:4.3-3ubuntu1.1 and the other one with the fonts-roboto
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to fonts-android in Ubuntu.
Roboto fonts make printer crash (fonts-android)
Status in fonts-android package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-android package in Debian:
As per https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=38383, there
has been issues with the Roboto font family regarding printing. These
issues seem to have been resolved in the new version of the fonts made
available by Google in 2014 here
1) Release: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
2) Package: fonts-roboto 1:4.3-3ubuntu1.1
3) Expected Results: When using Roboto fonts in a document (pdf, odf, etc.), I should be able to print the document.
4) Current Results: Roboto fonts make the printer crash instead of printing. The printer I am using is a HP-Laser Jet P2055.
Steps to reproduce:
Install "fonts-roboto" package from Ubuntu Software Center. Produce a
document in Libre Office with Roboto font and send to printer. Printer
is crashing, need hard reboot.
(1) Remove "fonts-roboto" package from Ubuntu Software Center.
(2) Download new version of the fonts made available by Google and save them in the ".fonts" folder in "home" directory.
(3) Produce a new document with Roboto font and send to printer.
(4) Document is printing.
Basically, I think this package just need to be updated to use the
latest fonts issued by Google.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: