documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1475205] Re: Random Chinese character missing with Ubuntu font
Basically, this patch fixes both.
The main reason why it *only* fixes PC, but not for touch is that we forget to re-compile qtubuntu(libqpa-ubuntumirclient.so) to make this work.Compiling qtbase automatically enable qpa(linuxfb,eglfs...) linked against patch applied qtbase module. So we can't reproduce this issue on PC(linuxfb).
However as a standalone qpa plugin,ubuntumirclient is not native supported,which means it's not in qtbase/src/plugins/platforms).So ubuntumirclient can't find the new added symbol(QFontconfigDatabase::fontsAlwaysScalable()).And it didn't work out on touch.
Please check the attached picture. I test and verify my patch on bq.
** Attachment added: "fix-on-touch.png"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-font-family-
sources in Ubuntu.
Random Chinese character missing with Ubuntu font
Status in Canonical System Image:
Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
Status in qtdeclarative-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-font-family-sources package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:
After applied 50 GU setting in image, we started seeing randomly
missing Chinese characters across scopes and apps header, not clipped
at the begin or end of string, sometimes in the middle.
1. Switch display language to zh_CN in system settings
2. Reboot the phone
I should see all header strings displayed properly.
Randomly missing character.
current build number: 51
device name: arale
last update: 2015-07-16 04:59:10
version version: 51
version ubuntu: 20150716
version device: 20150709-8965e37
version custom: 20150716-819-9-6
---------- update ----------
The problem of missing characters can be reproduced even on a desktop, outside of the header, without importing Ubuntu.Components:
import QtQuick 2.0
text: "系统设置 one two"
The problem only appears to occur with this specific combination of
font family, pixelSize and weight. Tim Peeters reproduced the problem
on vivid on a laptop without changing the default settings for the
To manage notifications about this bug go to: