documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1651360] Re: Formatting a removable disk
This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-docs - 17.04.1
ubuntu-docs (17.04.1) zesty; urgency=medium
- Modified so it can be called via a symlink from 'ubuntu-help/C'
- Changed command due to upstart->systemd transition.
* Bump version to 17.04 / zesty.
- Make unordered lists bulleted and not numbered (LP: #1649554).
- Note about how to show rarely used xkb layout variants.
* Updated ubuntu-help.pot.
* debian/compat, debian/control:
- Bump to debhelper version 9
[ Chris Perry ]
- Section "Compose key" updated (LP: #1624778).
- Revise PPA description (LP: #1628706).
- Move text of marginal note.
* mouse-middleclick.page, mouse-touchpad-click.page:
- Revise description of middle-click from touchpad (LP: #1617718).
- Update since related control in "System Settings -> Power" has
been removed (LP: #1599264, LP: #1641786).
* accounts-add.page, net-firewall-on-off.page:
- Minor clarifications.
* net-wireless-*.page, net-problem.page:
- GUI conformity modifications (LP: #1637126)
- New shared section (LP: #977251)
* addremove-install.page, addremove-remove.page:
- Clearer description of Ubuntu Software's focus on applications
- Mentioning of snaps (LP: #1658785).
- Section about network printer added (LP: #1630272).
- Improved description of mouse keys (LP: #964727).
- GUI conformity modifications (LP: #1651360).
* List type explicitly stated on multiple pages.
- New page describing Startup Disk Creator (LP: #1569532).
- New page describing the Security & Privacy panel in System
Settings (LP: #1200381).
[ Doug Smythies ]
- Changed to --strict validation.
- Specify https to avoid a "permanently moved" redirection.
-- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx> Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:11:00
** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu.
Formatting a removable disk
Status in ubuntu-docs package in Ubuntu:
The GUI for the Disks application must have been changed in the last
few years so disk-format.html needs to be revised. The Disks
application now seems to hide as many of the technical details as it
can (which in theory I think is a good idea).
I have a problem in that when I format a USB flash drive using Disks
(Ubuntu 16.04) - no error is reported during formatting - but Ubuntu
then doesn't recognise the drive. When I create a partition and format
it using Gparted it works fine. Ive only tried this with one USB flash
drive, so the problem may be specific to that drive (or not). If Disks
doesn't work correctly, we can document how to format a removable disk
by using Gparted?
To manage notifications about this bug go to: