documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1532537] Re: Impossible to choose language on help.ubuntu.com
This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-docs - 18.04.1
ubuntu-docs (18.04.1) bionic; urgency=medium
* Bump version to 18.04 / bionic.
- URL updates
- Change platform unity -> ubuntu
- Mention the planned EOL of Adobe Flashplugin.
- ubuntu-restricted-addons no longer pulls flashplugin-installer.
* html/Makefile, html/ubuntu.xsl:
- Append ".<lang>" to internal link URLs (LP: #1532537).
* No Ubuntu One authentication when installing/removing snaps.
- Skype no longer in Canonical Partner.
- New URL etc.
- Simplified by dropping para about Empathy (which has own page).
- Use apt: link - Software doesn't see numlockx.
- Suggest that an attempt without step 2 is tried first.
- Drop instruction for login screen (it was based on LightDM).
- Activities overview instead of Dash.
- Replace broken link with link directly to fluendo.com.
- Drop reference to "Dash".
- Don't convert apt: links to links to the disused apps.ubuntu.com.
- Dropped - Ubuntu addition applied upstream, so the page will be
installed through gnome-user-docs instead.
* Updated ubuntu-help.pot.
* New language: wo
[ Doug Smythies ]
- Footer changes to explain and allow setting language
-- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx> Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:43:00
** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu.
Impossible to choose language on help.ubuntu.com
Status in Online publishing of the Ubuntu documentation:
Status in Ubuntu Server Guide:
Status in ubuntu-docs package in Ubuntu:
I am a Dutch user. However, for virtually any technical documentation,
English is the lingua franca on the web. It is an incredible nuisance
to look up technical details in Dutch. I appreciate the effort to make
help.ubuntu.com accessible in all languages, however it is a TERRIBLE
idea (and quite frankly, since the content is available in English,
but I can't access it, I classify it as a bug) to prevent people from
changing the language they read it in.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
I expect to be able to read online help files in English.
Instead, I am forced to read them in Dutch.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: