Re: two quick questions

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 06:11:11PM -0400, Bing Jian wrote:
> Hi,
>    There are 2 quick questions:
>
>   (1) In the demo code for elasticity-stationary solver,
> I noticeed that both Diffusivity (a) and Convection (b)
> are set to constants, can they be functions of (x,y,z)
> like source term f?

In the case of elasticity, they are not used, they are leftovers and
should be removed. In the convection-diffusion case ("convdiff" module
in DOLFIN) they are used, and can be set to an arbitrary function.

>   (2) Where can I find an example for solving systems
> of linear PDEs?

I think the elasticity and vector wave modules are the only ones right
now ("elasticity", "elasticity-stationary" and "wave-vector"
modules). The vector wave equation isn't coupled though, so it's sort
of a trivial example. Perhaps it would be good to have a simple
coupled system as well. Maybe your equation would be a good candidate?

Is there something unclear about the current examples? They were more
meant as tests instead of examples, but hopefully they should
reasonably show the syntax for systems.