Re: Assembly, FFC, functions, ...

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 01:10:54PM -0600, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 06:53:53PM +0100, Johan Jansson wrote:

> Is there a way to support both cases? Sometimes you want to reuse the
> GMRES solver and other times when you just need to solve a system it
> seems simpler to just do GMRES::solve().
>
> Could the static version just create an object and then call solve on
> that object?
>
> /Anders

I forgot that we have a settings system, that's why I didn't see how
it could work. If we use the settings system for all the parameters,
then I guess the solver doesn't need to save any state, and these
types of functions can be statis. As far as I've understood, this is
the principle we have, that we should store all settings in the
settings system, or?