Re: Boundary terms in Dolfin

Hi Karin!

The only thing we have right now is Dirichlet boundary conditions or
homogeneous Neumann boundary conditions. To do anything else, we need
to be able to compute integrals over the boundary and there is no
support for this in yet in FFC or DOLFIN.

It won't be very difficult to add, once I find time to do it. If
someone else wants to try, you are more than welcome. It would involve
modifiying both FFC and DOLFIN. Tell me if you want some detailed
pointers.

In the meantime, it might be possible to cheat by approximating a
boundary integral with an integral over the domain, using a function
that is zero everywhere except on elements close to the boundary,
where the function takes the value ds/dx (length of boundary edge
divided by area of triangle for a triangular mesh).

/Anders