cygwin

I might be about to commit sacrilege, but here goes.

Some less fortunate people don't have access/support for Linux/Unix based
distributions, and I have such a guest at the moment. After some work, we have
been able to get ffc & Dolfin running under cygwin. PETSc, FIAT and ffc all worked
flawlessly. I only ran into problems with Dolfin. The problems are related to C
functions not supported by cygwin. The problematic functions are:

1) strcasecmp (called in src/kernel/log/Logger.cpp)
2) srand48 and drand48 (called in src/kernel/math/basic.cpp)
2) strdup (called in src/kernel/la/Preconditioner.cpp)

Given that the necessary changes are minor, is it worthwhile where possible
using alternative functions, and if not possible including necessary code? This
would enhance the portability of Dolfin.