Re: Updated elasticity: [...]

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 06:03:15AM -0500, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:23:13PM +0200, Johan Jansson wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 06:31:45PM -0500, Anders Logg wrote:
> > > Have you tried the new operators in FFC? I'm planning to release
> > > version 0.2.0 of FFC soon now that the new operators are in place (if
> > > they work).
> > >
> > > /Anders
> > >

> > No, not yet. I can probably try it out later today.
> >
> >   Johan
>
> ok, thanks.
>
> /Anders

Hi!

I've tested the new operators, and they seem to work without
problems. I have a feature request though :). It would be nice if I
could write this:

mult(mu, e)

like this:

mu * e

where "mu" is a Constant (scalar) and "e" is an array (epsilon(u) in
this case). I have no problems requiring functions for esoteric
products, but scalar-vector or scalar-scalar multiplication should
just be "*" in my opinion, since it's used so often.

It's not very critical though, but I think it should just be adding a
case for an array for multiplication to the FFC algebra.