Re: ODE solver interface

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:45:11PM +0200, Johan Jansson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 01:36:03PM -0500, Anders Logg wrote:
> > ok, let's do it. I'll add it to the TODO list. Feel free to make the
> > change if you get there before I do.
> >
> > /Anders
> >

> Ok, this is fixed now. SWIG doesn't seem to handle protected member
> variables correctly anyway (they're ignored), so this was necessary.
>
>   Johan

Great.

We should probably avoid using protected variables as a way of making
data accessible in interfaces anyway. (But we could use it in other
places for classes that are not supposed to be subclassed in Python.)

Another place where we use this is in Function, where _x, _mesh,
_element and _cell are protected so they can be accessed when
creating a user-defined Function, but we should probably force
user-defined Functions to go through vector(), mesh(), element() and
cell().