Re: Re: make error with dolfin-0.5.10

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:47:35PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:

> This is a problem with PETSc which I'm now trying to figure out.
> When I do a make install in the PETSc directory, I get the message
> source dir = install dir - nothing to do. Right now I am mystified
> as to where INSTALL_DIR is set within the makefile.

The (current) PETSc philosophy is that the source should be available
to client programs, so you should put the source dir where you want to
install PETSc (or just do
--with-petsc-dir=/path/to/petsc-source-dir). This seems to be changing
with the next version, we'll see I guess.

Also, please join the dolfin-dev mailing list, otherwise your messages
aren't automatically posted.